- Tap Attendance.
- To set attendance preferences, tap the gear
in the upper right.
- Tap IN by Swimmer Default to change it to OUT. You can tap it again to set it back to IN.
- Note that Attendance display defaults to Percent, which shows the percentage of swimmers in. Select Count if you'd rather see the actual number of swimmers present.
- Tap the desired roster in the correct location.
- Note: If you notice swimmers are in an incorrect location or roster, you will need to either edit them in Accounts/Members in OnDeck, or in Account/Member Admin in SwimOffice.
- Arrows at the top cycle through the different roster groups.
- Tap the
pencil in the upper right to modify:
- Distance in yards/meters.
- Practice type.
- Mic icon to record voice notes. When you save them, you’ll see a speaker icon in the Attendance Detail so you can listen to them.
- Tap SAVE when finished.
- Tap Attendance percentage to toggle between swimmer count and percentage. Tap Distance to toggle between yards and meters. When you have recorded a voice note or entered text notes, tap the notes icon to listen to/view them.
- Tap ADD SWIMMER (tablet) or ADD (phone) if you need to add a guest athlete from another group, such as for a make up practice. Then select the athlete(s) and tap ADD in the upper right.
- Tap an athlete’s name to see their past attendance. Tap the note icon to listen/view notes for that specific athlete.
- In the right column, tap IN repeatedly by an athlete’s name to see the different attendance states you can select (for example, 1/2 will give a swimmer credit for half of the distance in the workout). Or select one or more athletes (check the boxes by their names), tap ATTENDANCE at the bottom, select a desired state for them all at once, DONE.
- Select one or more swimmers to see options at the bottom.
- ATTENDANCE — Set the attendance state for the selected athletes. See step 5 above.
- MESSAGE — Send an email and/or text to the selected athletes.
- NOTES — Enter practice notes for the selected athletes that they can review in OnDeck.
- DELETE — Only appears when you select any guest swimmers you added. You cannot delete swimmers in the current roster.
- Tap SAVE to actually record the attendance.
View and edit past attendance sessions.
- Tap Attendance > HISTORY.
- Set filters if desired or search for a specific athlete.
- Custom filter
- Date range
- Sort by roster, location, swimmer, or most recent
- Tap an attendance session to see details, or a swimmer to see their past attendance. A speaker icon indicates voice notes; a paper icon (as seen in Gold attendance) indicates text notes.
- Once viewing a session the controls are the same as when taking attendance so you can modify a past session if desired.
OnDeck is fantastic for basic attendance tracking. For those who want more sophisticated tracking, we offer MainSet, where you can see the mix of strokes, energy levels, record test sets and heart rates, and more. OnDeck lists attendance taken in MainSet, and vice versa.
Next we'll learn how to manage membership in OnDeck.