Track all your families in > Membership > Accounts/Members. Accounts are typically the parents, and Members are the athletes or swimmers. All Members MUST belong to an Account. For Masters Swimmers, they will typically be the Account AND the Member in their account. This operates very similarly to Account/Member Admin in SwimOffice and pulls data from the same database. Changing data here changes the data in SwimOffice and vice versa.
Features common to both:
- Tap + ADD ACCOUNT (tablet) or add account icon (phone) to do that, then fill in the data on the various tabs and tap SAVE when finished.
- Once you have added a new Account, you will need to have them set their password. If they are nearby when you add their account, tap Reset Password on their account screen, then have them enter their password twice and tap RESET PASSWORD. Otherwise, edit their account on the web version on the Accounts tab and click Unverified above the Login Email field. It will send them email with a link to set their password.
- To add a Member, in an Account profile tap the add swimmer icon in the MEMBERS bar near the bottom, then fill in the data on the various tabs and tap SAVE when finished.
- You can directly access athletes on the Members tab.
- Tap a button in the green bar that appears below a profile on the right to EDIT, MESSAGE (see next section below), or REMOVE the Account or Member.
- Likewise, check boxes by names, then tap a button in the green bar that appears below them to MULTI EDIT, MESSAGE, or REMOVE all of your selections at once.
- Tap tabs in a person’s profile to view their various data.
Communicate with Membership
OnDeck lets you broadcast messages to multiple Accounts and Members via email, text and push communications.
- Navigate to > Membership > Accounts/Members.
- Either stay on the Accounts tab, or tap the Members tab.
- Select one or more Accounts or Members.
- Tap MESSAGE in the green bar below.
- Select the message type:
- Email (address must be verified)
- SMS (text number must be verified; message will be limited to 160 characters when using this method)
- Push Notification (user must have logged in to OnDeck and allowed push notifications)
- Tap CREATE MESSAGE.
- Type in Your message to send, or tap Use Canned Message and pick one.
- Tap SEND NOW.
- If you selected a mixture of those with and without verified or valid addresses/numbers, it will only send the message to those with verified addresses/numbers.
- For users receiving push notifications, they will see the notice (or multiple notices if they haven't dismissed them) pop up on their device, both in and out of the app, if they are logged in to OnDeck.
- If you message a Member, it will also notify the Account to which they belong. This is so parents are aware of any communication sent to minors.
USAS Reg / USA SWIMMING REGISTRATION
For USA Swimming teams only, you have the ability to prepare your roster for USA Swimming registration and generate the files to send to your LSC. Navigate to > Membership > Accounts/Members, then tap the third tab at the top to access (USAS Reg. on phone, USA SWIMMING REGISTRATION on tablet).
- ARCHIVED REG. FILES — Displays all previous registration files you have generated. From there you can view the zip file or PDF.
- Tap an swimmer's name to view and edit their USAS data.
- Select one or more swimmers and then tap an option at the bottom.
- MULTI-EDIT — Simultaneously update USAS fields for the selected swimmers, such as Registration Status (New, Renew, etc.) and Season (Year Round, Outreach, etc.). Those two fields must be defined before generating a registration package.
- REBUILD ID# — Build (if blank) or rebuild their USA Swimming ID based on their birthdate and full name. If you receive an error stating their gender or DOB doesn't match, please contact TU Support with their correct full name, DOB and gender and we will make the update for you.
- EXPORT — Select whether to Generate Reg. Package, which creates an electronic registration package in a zip file to email to your LSC, or a USA Swimming Form, which creates a PDF hard copy of the USA Swimming reg. form for all selected athletes.
Instantly check the balance of all Accounts, create invoices and enter a credit card payments, all without sitting in front of a computer.
- Tap > Membership > Billing. All accounts will be listed with their current balance. Those with a credit card on file will show the appropriate CC symbol by their name.
- Select one or more accounts to then tap MESSAGE at the bottom and send them an email or SMS text.
- Tap a name to see any new invoice items and payments added since the last invoice was generated on the 1st.
- Tap SEND INVOICE to email the last invoice generated on the 1st.
- Select one or more invoices, and then you can tap REMOVE at the bottom.
- Select one or more payments, and then you can tap REFUND (for credit card payments) or REMOVE (for other payment types) at the bottom.
- Tap MESSAGE to send an email or SMS text to the Account.
- Tap + ADD (tablet) or + (phone) by NEW INVOICES to add a new charge or credit.
- Select whether it's a Charge or Credit.
- Enter the Charge Name.
- Select which Chart of Account to use
- Enter the Amount of the charge or credit (no need to type a minus sign for a credit).
- Tap SAVE CHARGE or SAVE CREDIT. It will immediately appear in their account and on next month’s invoice.
- Tap + ADD (tablet) or + (phone) by RECENT PAYMENTS to enter a new payment or refund.
- Select Receive if they are paying you, or Refund to do that.
- Select the payment Method. If you have electronic payment processing and they have a CC on file, it will default to that method and have their default CC selected. If you uncheck Use credit card on file, it will enter it as an offline credit card and you will need to manually process the CC through your external payment gateway.
- Enter the payment or refund Amount (no need to type a minus sign for a refund).
- Optionally enter a Reference and Memo.
- Tap POST PAYMENT. If you used their CC it will immediately charge it.
Show your swimmers you care by tracking when their birthdays are and sending them a Happy Birthday message.
- Navigate to > Membership > Birthday Tracker.
- By default, swimmers with birthdays today, tomorrow, and upcoming are displayed. You can also display by Roster or Search by name by tapping the tabs at the top.
- Select one or more swimmers, then tap SEND BIRTHDAY MESSAGE.
- Select Email and/or SMS and tap Create Message.
- Enter your birthday message and tap Send (tablet) or Send Now (phone).
Best Times - Swimmers
Take a look at your swimmers' best times during practice for reference. These come from times imported into SwimOffice.
- Navigate to > Membership > Best Times (and tap the SWIMMERS tab if needed), then tap an athlete to see their times. The number of results they have is to the right of their name.
- Tap a result row to see all instances of that event the athlete has swam and compare with time standards (see below).
- Tap a time to convert between SCY, SCM, and LCM.
- Tap a stopwatch to see splits.
Compare Best Times with Time Standards
This is helpful to see how your athletes stack up to local or national time standards. The first screen below appears after tapping a time in Best Times - Swimmers (step 2 above), with the fastest time initially highlighted. The second screen appears after tapping a time in Best Times - Events (step 4a below).
- Tap one of the times to see how it compares with time standards.
- Tap to initially select time standards or pick different or additional ones.
- Tap a cut to see it highlighted in the bars below.
- FILTER lets you select different age groups. Down arrow hides/shows standards.
- Swipe left/right to see all standards. Tap a bar to see its time standard name and cut.
Best Times - Events
You can also see all the best times for specific events. These come from times imported into SwimOffice.
- Navigate to > Membership > Best Times.
- Tap the EVENTS tab.
- Tap your desired event.
- From here you can do several things.
- Tap a result row to see all instances of that event the athlete has swam and then tap a row to compare that result with time standards (see above).
- Tap a time to convert between SCY, SCM, and LCM.
- Tap a stopwatch to see splits.
You and your swimmers can see how they stack up against selectable time standards. OnDeck will automatically default to the standards for your region, and you can add additional time standards in SwimOffice.
- Navigate to > Membership > Time Standards.
- Start by tapping Select Standards at the bottom.
- The standards default to regional standards for the current year. To change this, tap My Region, choose a region, Done. You may also tap the Year to choose a different year.
- Select one or more standards, DONE.
- Select a distance, stroke and course.
- Tap Filter if you would like to collapse the stroke picker.
- Select MALE or FEMALE.
- Tap a standard under an age group to see who did and didn't make the cut on the right.
- Use the arrows at the top to cycle through the different cuts.
- To include swim up athletes when checking a standard, tap SWIM UP at the bottom, then enter the number of years younger to include, APPLY.
Next we'll learn about events, meet entries and timing races in OnDeck.